Make the most of your time in York by completing a guided walk along England’s finest remaining city walls
For customers in the UK
Buy the printed book from Amazon.co.uk here
Download the Kindle version here.
Alternatively buy from CreateSpace.com here
For customers in the United States:
Buy the printed book from Amazon.com here
Download the Kindle version here
A Walking Guide to York’s City Walls by Simon Mattam
When visiting historic York one of its must-see attractions are the ancient city defensive walls. They are the most complete city walls in England which you can not only admire but actually walk on! In fact you can make a complete circuit around the city, stopping to admire the imposing city gates and fine views of the city.
This detailed walking guide takes you on a tour of the 700 year old city walls . As well as giving practical step-by-step guidance on the route and what to look out for along the way, it is filled with the history, events and people that have played a part in York’s long and colourful past.
See York from a new angle and make sure you don’t miss what others walk straight past!
- find your way around when visiting York with detailed hand-drawn maps of each section
- ensure you know what you are looking at with numerous photographs throughout
- read about York Minster and the beautiful gardens the Walls overlook
- suggestions for places to stop for refreshment breaks throughout
- detours from the Walls to places of interest nearby are suggested throughout
Visit our Facebookpage to keep up-to-date with changes and additional information: www.facebook.com/walkyorkwalls
If you are in Europe you can also buy from your local Amazon website by searching for the ISBN 9780992900205.